The five-year warranty is valid for the following microphones: The d:facto™ Vocal Microphone with the 4018V or 4018VL capsule and all d:dicate™ microphones except the 2006 and 2011.
The DPA warranty covers:
- Only the microphone
- Mechanical functionality
- Documented specifications
If you need to have your microphone repaired, please contact the place where you purchased your microphone and they will send the microphone to the nearest authorized DPA service center. It will undergo test and repair at the service center. After the repair, the microphone will be returned to you clean and buffed.
Matched stereo pairs that are sent in for repair are rematched. Surround-matched kits will be returned to the factory in Denmark to undergo a multi-match calibration.
If the microphone is covered by the warranty, this service is free of charge. For out-of-warranty repairs, a service fee will apply.
Your purchase invoice serves as your warranty registration. The invoice must state the date of purchase as well as name and serial number of the product.
The five-year warranty is valid for microphones bought after Jan. 1, 2009.
The following issues are not covered by the warranty:
- Faults caused by mistreatment, abuse, wear and tear, alteration or modification in any way (please refer to the User’s Manual)
- Accessories supplied with the product
- Minor faults or deviations in the quality of a product which do not affect the product’s value or fitness for its intended purpose
- The warranty is void if the product serial number has been altered or removed
DPA adapters are covered by warranty for a period of two years. The same procedure applies for adapter repairs as written above.