In cooperation with our Swiss distributor, MusicNetwork AG, we would like you to join us for a full-day of learning, demoing, knowledge-sharing & networking with some of the biggest and best-known experts in the recording and live music industrie, microphone technology and acoustics.
April 23, 2018
10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
ZHDK Zürcher Hochschule der Künste The experts
– Donal Hodgson (UK), Sound Engineer, Mixer, Pro Tools Expert
– Bo Brinck (DK), Product Specialist, DPA Microphones
– Eddy B. Brixen (DK), Audio Expert, DPA Microphones The program Morning session:
- Speech Intelligibility - Theory with Eddy B. Brixen
- Microphone Technology - Omnidirectional Mics with Bo Brinck
- Speech Intelligibility - Placing microphones with Eddy B. Brixen and Bo Brinck Afternoon session:
- Microphone Technology - Directional Mics with Bo Brinck
- My career in music recording and live performance - Donal Hodgson
- Hands-on demonstration of music miking techniques with Bo Brinck and Donal Hodgson
This full-day masterclass will be full of fun as well as learning. The morning hours will be spent in the company of Eddy B. Brixen and Bo Brinck. Eddy will present some theoretical background and focus on how to secure clear vocals and high speech intelligibility. Together Eddy and Bo will demonstrate various mic placements using DPA bodyworn microphones.
After lunch, Bo Brinck will explain the technology regarding directional mics and make some live demos. Then Donal Hodgson will be the special guest. Donal will tell stories from his many years of working with recording for Sting and other artists. Bo Brinck will talk about microphones for close-miking musik before he and Donal Hodgson will give a live demonstration of miking techniques on various instruments.
The day ends with the opportunity to network with attendees, the speakers and, of course DPA Microphones. Delicious catering and all day and a goodie bag with DPA swag. Please note! Limited seating. Learn more and book your ticket now...