Analog HW Engineer for the professional audio industry
Are you enthusiastic about Analogue HW technology? Do you enjoy working with technically complex products that include acoustics, electronics and mechanics? Would you like to explore new HW technologies? Are you passionate about great sound?
If this describes you, we've got the right job!
DPA Microphones is looking into an extremely exciting microphone and accessory roadmap, and we need your help to execute all the exciting projects. As a HW engineer, you will collaborate with colleagues on all aspects of amplifier design – from early specification, prototypes to testing, and all the way into ensuring a stable production process. The amplifier is an integrated and crucial element in any microphone and as we make some of the best microphones in the world, our electronics must be top notch. We consider it crucial that you understand the practical use of our microphones and you will therefore, over time, build a network among our users and ambassadors in the music industry.
You will be part of an RD team of 12 people, located in Denmark and Germany, all working with the development of high-end, microphones and accessories. As one of the world's leading suppliers of professional microphones, we know that investing in the future is necessary and we spend a large part of our time exploring the microphone amplifiers of the future.
Many new HW technologies are waiting to be explored and implemented, which is why we are now strengthening our HW team.
A broad range of tasks
A bit about you
- Ownership of specific HW design of analog electronics with full technical responsibility
- Specification, design, verification, documentation and handover to operations
- Design integration between electronics and mechanics in corporation with the mechanical team
- Ensuring compliance with relevant internal and external standards
- EMC and environmental planning and testing
- Selection of components in close corporation with the supply chain team
- HW related EOL activities and other trouble shooting activities
- HW cost estimation and tracking in projects
- Realistic HW planning in projects in coordination with the Project Manager and the rest of the core project team
- Exploration of new and relevant technologies like ASIC in collaboration the HW team
- You have a technical background within electronics and have gained substantial experience with amplifier design in the analogue domain
- You can communicate in a trustworthy and honest manner
- You are a team player with strong collaboration skills.
- You understand that the world is dynamic and what was true yesterday is not necessarily true tomorrow
- You can take decisions and get things done
- You are curious and have a strong desire to learn
- You are energetic and take responsibility
- You speak English on business level and preferably understand Danish
- You have a good sense of humor
- You probably have an interest in music and sound in general
DPA’s R&D team is divided into 4 technical areas: Electronics, Mechanics, Acoustics and Project Management. We are currently 12 engineers and specialists located in Allerød, Denmark and Hamburg, Germany. We are expanding rapidly and expect to be at least 15 by the end of the year. Due to the diversity of nationalities at DPA, English is the working language in our projects.
At DPA, we are open, honest and looking for the person behind the face. We seek a well-rounded person and ensure a reasonable work-life balance with great freedom to plan your own work. In addition, you will meet a lot of enthusiastic colleagues who love good sound and are eager to create world-class products. In RD, we know our users and visit them often to learn how they see the world and thereby be inspired.
We have a very informal tone, where several social activities are initiated by colleagues. Lunch is available in our canteen with a focus on health and variety, just as we have health insurance and pension schemes for everyone. Friday morning starts with a common breakfast, and we (almost) always remember to celebrate our many successes.
Finally: if you are interested in superior sound or are a recreational musician, you will work among like-minded colleagues and can benefit from their experience and knowledge.
You are also very welcome to contact Torben Ekenberg, Head of R&D on tel.: 29252524 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
We have ongoing interviews.
Send your application in Danish or English to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the application: HW Engineer
About DPA Microphones
DPA Microphones is the leading Danish Professional Audio manufacturer of high-quality condenser microphone solutions for professional applications. DPA’s ultimate goal is to always provide its customers with the absolute finest possible microphone solution s for all its markets, which include live sound, film, installation, recording, worship, theatre, broadcast, and more. The company does not compromise on its manufacturing, which is done within very tight tolerances and strict testing at the DPA factory in Denmark. As a result, DPA’s products are globally praised for their exceptional clarity and transparency; unparalleled specifications; supreme durability and reliability; and, above all, pure, uncolored and undistorted sound.
DPA Microphones A/S – based outside Copenhagen in Allerød – is a Danish growth company with a Danish management. DPA Microphones has an absolute leading position in the world market for professional microphones. The company has a 3-digit million DKK turnover and employs 200+ dedicated people worldwide.