Project Manager: projects within the professional audio industry
Are you enthusiastic about engineering and project management? Or have you reached a point in your career where you want to make the leap from specialist to project manager? Do you enjoy working with technically complex products that include acoustics, electronics and mechanics? Are you passionate about being in control of things and love when there is structure in what you do? Do you love great sound?
If this describes you, we've got the right job!
DPA Microphones is looking into an extremely exciting microphone and accessory roadmap, and we need your help to get the projects initiated and executed all the way from start to finish. You will be responsible for the entire process from specification to release and will therefore collaborate closely with the other specialists in RD as well as Product Management, QA and Production. Throughout the process, DPA’s senior Project Managers will ensure you get any needed support and managerial sparring. We consider it crucial that you understand the practical use of our microphones and you will therefore, over time, build a network among our users and ambassadors in the music industry.
You will be part of an RD team of 12 people, located in Denmark and Germany, all working with the development of high-end, microphones and accessories. As one of the world's leading suppliers of professional microphones, we know that investing in the future is necessary and we spend a large part of our time developing the microphone technologies of the future in collaboration with universities and our range of industry masters.
We consider project management to be crucial in order to integrate these new technologies into concrete products and you must therefore expect that, in addition to the daily project management, you will also improve our ability to execute projects in general. You will be involved in all aspects and decisions relating to your project.
A broad range of tasks
A bit about you
- Management of small- and medium-size projects, often with a geographically distributed core group
- Establish the core group around your project and ensure alignment of roles and expectations
- Ensure that the necessary project data is prepared and is kept updated throughout the project
- Develop and maintain project plans
- Reporting of status and progress to DPA steering committee
- Ensure risk management and mitigating actions throughout the project
- Manage the change management process throughout the project
- Ensure that your stakeholders are kept informed about status and progress and that escalation occurs in time
- You come with a technical background within HW, MEC or acoustics
- You have 0-3 years of experience from project management, or you have decided to take the leap from technical specialist to Project Manager
- You understand the business and you have the ability to look at challenges holistically
- You can communicate in a trustworthy and honest manner
- You are a team player and natural focal point for your team
- You understand that the world is dynamic and what was true yesterday is not necessarily true tomorrow. (In other words, you won't be intimidated by requirements changing throughout the project)
- You are a closer type who loves to put check marks on tasks so you can move forward with your next project
- You naturally seek to create structure in chaos
- You are energetic and take responsibility
- You speak English on business level and preferably understand Danish
- You have a good sense of humor
- You probably have an interest in music and sound in general
DPA’s R&D team is divided into 4 technical areas: Electronics, Mechanics, Acoustics and Project Management. We are currently 12 engineers and specialists located in Allerød, Denmark and Hamburg, Germany. We are expanding rapidly and expect to be at least 15 by the end of the year. Due to the diversity of nationalities at DPA, English is the working language in our projects.
At DPA, we are open, honest and looking for the person behind the face. We seek a well-rounded person and ensure a reasonable work-life balance with great freedom to plan your own work. In addition, you will meet a lot of enthusiastic colleagues who love good sound and are eager to create world-class products. In RD, we know our users and visit them often to learn how they see the world and thereby be inspired.
We have a very informal tone, where several social activities are initiated by colleagues. Lunch is available in our canteen with a focus on health and variety, just as we have health insurance and pension schemes for everyone. Friday morning starts with a common breakfast, and we (almost) always remember to celebrate our many successes.
Finally: if you are interested in superior sound or are a recreational musician, you will work among like-minded colleagues and can benefit from their experience and knowledge.
We have ongoing interviews.
Send your application in Danish or English to: email@example.com and mark the application: Project Manager
About DPA Microphones
DPA Microphones is the leading Danish Professional Audio manufacturer of high-quality condenser microphone solutions for professional applications. DPA’s ultimate goal is to always provide its customers with the absolute finest possible microphone solution s for all its markets, which include live sound, film, installation, recording, worship, theatre, broadcast, and more. The company does not compromise on its manufacturing, which is done within very tight tolerances and strict testing at the DPA factory in Denmark. As a result, DPA’s products are globally praised for their exceptional clarity and transparency; unparalleled specifications; supreme durability and reliability; and, above all, pure, uncolored and undistorted sound.
DPA Microphones A/S – based outside Copenhagen in Allerød – is a Danish growth company with a Danish management. DPA Microphones has an absolute leading position in the world market for professional microphones. The company has a 3-digit million DKK turnover and employs 200+ dedicated people worldwide.