Area Sales Manager Eastern Region
We’re looking for a results-driven Area Sales Manager (ASM) to actively seek out and engage customer prospects. You will assist the VP of Sales & Marketing to maintain existing accounts, as well as prospect and develop new customers in order to boost top-line revenue growth and profitability.
The ideal candidate will be located in DPA’s Eastern Region, comprised of NJ, NY, RI, CT, MA, ME, NH & VT and will be responsible for assisting with all sales activities within that region. 50-75% travel will be required, including some national and international travel. Duties and Responsibilities
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and manage dealer channel
- Identify and develop sales strategies for dealer network within the territory, complete with goals, deadlines and metrics
- Work closely with existing dealers to further grow sales and increase brand market share
- Train dealer sales and engineering teams
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Present, promote and sell products using solid arguments to prospective customers
- Reach potential customers through cold calling
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customer to meet their needs
- Create and analyze sales reports, identify issues contributing to success or shortcomings and take corrective action if needed
- Act as brand ambassador with consultants, technology partners and end users to articulate our value proposition and facilitate their success
- Work to drive product demand through local efforts, including educational events, sales campaigns, dealer training and enablement and end user outreach
- Participate at industry events through presentations, dealer expos, panel engagements and other trade show activities
- Provide management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Provide input for sales and marketing collateral
About DPA Microphones:
- Minimum 5 years working experience as a sales representative, preferably in the professional audio or video fields
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales and channel management
- Ability to work independently from a remote office
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and ability to build productive business partnerships.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with CRM practices.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent preferred.
- Successful candidate must pass a background screening process
DPA Microphones is the leading Danish Professional Audio manufacturer of high-quality condenser microphone solutions for professional applications. DPA’s ultimate goal is to always provide its customers with the absolute finest possible microphone solutions for all its markets, which include live sound, installation, recording, theatre and broadcast. When it comes to the design process, DPA takes no shortcuts. Nor does the company compromise on its manufacturing process, which is done at the DPA factory in Denmark. As a result, DPA’s products are globally praised for their exceptional clarity and transparency, unparalleled specifications, supreme reliability and, above all, pure, uncolored and undistorted sound.